Today’s gift is gift number four of Four Festive Weeks of Christmas, The Gift of Giving. The Gift of Giving is offering what we have to others.
You may enjoy:
Places to Give
- St. Jude (click here to donate)
- Salvation Army (click here to learn more)
- 6 Stones (click here for more information)
- Embrace Grace (click to find out more)
- Fire/Police Station Near You ex: bake cookies (or something else yummy!) to express your gratitude to them
- Neighbors ex: throw a goody basket together. This might include your signature homemade bread and a verse.
Give generously to them and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to.
Don’t forget to pray about this. Listen for God’s answer. It might be something like, “Give $25 to St. Jude.” Or something like, “Give $2 to the Salvation Army.” Just listen to what God is telling you to do.
Here is an idea: Every year I save any change I have. It might be from the parking lot or leftover from a purchase. Then, when Christmas is close, I donate it to the Salvation Army. You could try something like this.
Places to Serve
Images via Pinterest
- Your Local Soup Kitchen
- Don’t Forget to Keep an Eye Out for Opportunities to Serve at Other Locations Close to You!
You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.
What’s your favorite way to give? Let me know in a comment! One can never learn too much, right?
Image via Pinterest